Sunday, January 18, 2009

Micah Matthew Gaiser

Things have finally slowed down and so have the visitors. This is the first time I have been able to get in front of a computer to do anything since Micah's birth. I have been told that Matt posted a lot of pictures on his facebook, so if you have not seen them, check them out. I will post a few here soon for all of those that don't use facebook.

Basically everything went very well. We had to be at the hospital in Gallipolis at 7:00am. We left at 5:45am from home. When we checked in at the hospital, we were the second surgery on the schedule. They started the surgery at 9:30am and he was out at 9:47am. He weighed 8 lbs and 12 oz. He was in perfect condition.

The rest of the first day went great for Micah. I was a little sick from the surgery, but nothing too major. During the second day, he stopped wanting to eat, but he was never upset. He just preferred to sleep. He ended up losing quite a bit of weight, bringing him down to 8lbs and 1oz a few hours before we were supposed to go home. We gave him some formula since it seemed like he was not getting enough nutrients from the little bit of breast milk he was getting. He ate a couple of ounces of formula over two feedings and the nurses were satisfied that he would not starve if we took him home. (On a side note, as soon as we got home he started to eat just fine.)

We left the hospital around 10:30am on Friday and headed home. Matt had to be at work by 1:30, so my mom came to help out. Right after Matt left for work, I noticed that my incesion had started to bleed so I called the doctor and made an appointment to go to the clinic in Athens to have it checked at 3:00. I told Matt so he had to leave work and meet me at the clinic. The doctor at the clinic said it looked like there was one spot where there should have been a staple in my incesion and there was not so she put a steri-strip on it and sent me home. When I got home, I realized that it was still bleeding so Matt put a couple more steri-strips on the spot and the bleeding stopped. We called the hospital and they said that they wanted us to come back and have the oncall doctor look at my incesion. So back to the hospital we went. They put about 5 more staples in my incesion and we have not had any problems since. We got home from the hospital around 12:30am Saturday morning. It made for a very long day.

Anyway, that is the story. Micah is doing great. Amelia is head-over-heels for him and Matt and I couldn't be happier with our larger family. I will post some pictures soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Smith said...

Hi Hillery,
I joined Facebook tonight so I could see the pictures of Micah. He really is beautiful. Amelia did seem taken with him (as did you and Matt).
Hope your incision doesn't give you any more problems.
Love to you all,
Jodie

January 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home