Sunday, October 19, 2008

Counting Our Blessings

The boys from our church that helped us move last Saturday came back this week to help us move everything from our garage to our basement. While they were moving stuff, I open each plastic tote or box to see if anything had been taken and told the boys what still needed to go in the house and what went to the basement. That is how I realized that the box with my jewelry box in it was missing. That box also contained an iron, a Longaberger tissue box, and a few other odds and ends.

The night after we moved everything to the basement, I couldn't sleep and started thinking about the iron. Why would they take an iron? They took very minimal stuff that they could sell at a pawn shop for some money. They would get nothing out of my iron. Then I thought about the Longaberger basket. Sure it was valuable. Actually, they could probably get more money out of it then some of the other stuff they had taken, but why would they take that Longaberger basket and not the three other baskets that were sitting out. They actually took our video camera out of the Longaberger market basket. I also had a lot of Longaberger Wrought Iron pieces sitting around that were worth a couple hundred dollars and they didn't take any of it. It really didn't make since to me, but stealing doesn't make since to me either, so I let it go.

The next morning, I went down to our basement to find something of Amelia's that I had put down there by mistake. What I also found was the tote with my jewelry box, iron, and Longaberger basket. The boys must have moved it before I had the chance to check it. What a blessing.

Through this whole situation, Matt and I have been trying to count our blessings. There really are so many it is impossible to count them. We just praise God and thank him for one more to add to the list.

Amelia and I are visiting CJ and Michelle right now and then we are off to Disney World with the Gaiser clan. I will post more pictures when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home