Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Unexpected

Yesterday was our first big move day. Matt's parents "hired" 6 boys from our church to help us. Matt had his truck and a flat bed trailer and I had our Excursion and a large box trailer. We made two trips with both vechicles and got a majority of our stuff. We were very excited about this day because of all the help we had. The new house was not quite ready for everything, but our two car garage was emptied out and ready.

When we arrived at the house with the first load of stuff, I right away noticed something was different. We had been keeping three big trash cans out front to fill with trash, but the trash bags were on the ground and no trash cans. I got up to the back door of the house and it was standing wide open. Now let me pause and say that this is not out of the norm. Matt sometimes gets working outside and will leave forgetting that he left the door open. What was not normal was that the front door was also standing wide open. There was a small pile of trash inside the back door that had also been in a trash can. Now I had the feeling that something was wrong. I went down the hall to Amelia's room and it looked like a tornado had gone through it. Her room was the only one that had any stuff in it. It was also not all her stuff, but mostly stuff that had been in my car that I didn't see any reason in moving twice so I had already dropped it off at this house.

I went outside and told Matt and he said he didn't know what had happened. A little while later, he came back and said someone had definitly been in the house and garage. Most of his power tools were missing and some random little stuff. Our best bet is that they emptied the trash out of the trash cans and filled them up with stuff and took off. Needless to say our house and garage are now locked, but we are still sad that someone came into our house and took stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear that happened. Hang in there & count your blessings. Love you!

Emily

October 14, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Thorson said...

That is so awful! I am sorry that happened to you. Thank the Lord that you didn't have more things in the house already.

October 14, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home