Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Can See the Finish Line

So many things have come close to completion with these final days of 2008. Christmas now seems like a distant memory since I have already taken down the very few decorations that I put up and my empty tree is staring at me waiting for someone to drag it to the tree cemetery -- a Gaiser Family Tradition where all the trees of Christmas past are laid to rest in the same location. Alla and I found where our new cemetery will be today, it is just the actual effort of getting the tree there that eludes me. The only real evidence left of Christmas is the stack of Amelia's toys that only two weeks ago was half the size it is now.

Our house is almost finished. We have almost finished unpacking. We have almost finished the area for the baby (he doesn't even get his own room, he has to share with my crafts.) Matt has almost finished our kitchen cabinets. I have almost finished hanging pictures and shelves, ect. I think you get the picture.

We are very close to having our baby. I am scheduled for my c-section on January 15th (no time yet) which is two weeks from Thursday. I only have one more predelivery appointment left next Thursday.

I am very much in agreement right now with the Christmas letter from my friends Andy and Emily Smith that basically said that everything in 2008 was just leading up to 2009. They said that 2009 was their year. I am going to claim the same thing.

So here's to 2009, may it be your year too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year! See you Saturday!

December 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home