Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Complications

It turns out that the problem with my incesion was not that it just needed another staple or two to hold it together. It was actually infected and was not healing at all. On Monday, I was scheduled to have my staples removed. I had started having a lot of bleeding and drainage from my incesion, so I figured that they would not take out the staples, but I should probably go ahead and see the doctor. It turns out that the incesion was retaining a lot of fluid and it had to be drained. They took out half of my staples and then packed the wound. It will have to heal from the inside out and could take several weeks. I had to go back today and have it repacked and I also have to go back tomorrow to have it repacked. Tomorrow they are going to teach Matt how to repack it so I do not have to continue to go back everyday over the next few weeks and pay for that many doctors visits. We are still in high spirits though. This is just a minor complication that slows me down. Just keep me in your prayers that it will heal quickly and properly and that Matt does a good job repacking it every day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the complications, but I'm glad you're keeping your spirits up. It was great to get to meet Micah. You are all in my prayers.

January 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home