Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

A while back, I got tagged by my friend Mary Thorson to write 7 Random Things about me on my blog. Unfortunately, I never got around to it. Recently I got tagged on Facebook to write 25 random things about me. I decided to finally do it. I posted it on my Facebook, and thought I would post it here too since Mary tagged me months ago. So here is more information about me then you probably ever wanted to know.


1. I can’t spell. I don’t mean I have a hard time, I mean that when I right click on a misspelled word, spell check comes up with “no suggestions.” This is an inherited problem. My brother can’t spell either and my dad is worse then both of us put together.

2. I love to go to the movies but I hardly get to go anymore. I love movie theater popcorn and get a large or jumbo size just for me. The best is when the theater offers free refills.

3. TV shows on DVD have ruined regular television for me. I can’t stand to watch a series over a period of weeks and I absolutely cannot stand commercials. I wait until the series comes out on DVD and then watch it through Netflix or buy the whole season.

4. I laugh out loud every time I watch a Friends episode. I have all 10 seasons on DVD and watch them when I need to laugh. My favorite episode is the one where everyone finds out about Chandler and Monica.

5. I don’t make friends very easily because I hate starting conversations with people that I don’t know very well. I do fine if someone else starts a conversation with me and I can answer their questions and then elaborate on what they have asked, but I cannot walk up to a random stranger and talk to them like I have known them forever. Luckily, I married a man that can talk to anyone about anything.

6. I love to travel. I have been to 38 states, Canada, Jamaica, England, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, and Israel. I would love travel more and will when my kids are older.

7. I owe my thanks for my trip to Israel to my brother who won a free trip for 1 and my grandparents who thought he shouldn’t go alone. That trip is by far the best travel experience that I have ever had in my life. I have walked where Jesus walked.

8. My dream job is to be a tour guide.

9. I find US History fascinating. My favorite class in college was History of Western Expansion.

10. I wrote my high school and college research papers on organized crime in Chicago and Al Capone.

11. I changed my major 4 times in college and got my Bachelor’s Degree in Composite Social Studies Education for 7-12 grades. I have not taught a single day since I graduated and do not ever plan too. I work with my husband and have since I graduated from college, first as a restaurant manager and now as a Realtor.

12. I enjoy working with my husband because I understand his job and his frustrations and joys without him having to explain them too me.

13. If I had all the free time in the world, I would scrapbook my whole life. Scrapbooking is my escape.

14. I would love to be able to take professional pictures and have a good working knowledge of Photoshop.

15. When I look at my kids, I feel like my reason for being has been fulfilled. Being a mother is more rewarding than I could have ever imagined.

16. Being a mother is also more terrifying that I could have ever imagined. Being 100% accountable for another human being is, for lack of a better word, terrifying.

17. Every day my daughter surprises me with how smart she is.

18. I met my husband Matt in the kitchen of Damon’s restaurant in Athens, Ohio. My first impression of him was that he was rude (he was just busy and did not have time to talk) and his first impression of me was that I was stuck up (see #5).

19. Since Matt and I started dating, my life has never been boring. (You will understand if you read his 25 things.)

20. I love my husband more then I ever thought possible. He is the best husband and dad in the world.

21. I wish I could be more organized but my house is too small and my stuff is too big and my husband is too disorganized.

22. When I clean, I take everything and put it on the bed or couch or table, depending on what room I am in, and then put stuff away one by one. This drives Matt crazy for some reason.

23. I really do not like dogs at all.

24. I like to read but don't do it very often.

25. I actually enjoyed writing “25 random things about me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home