Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Haircuts

Last weekend we went to Columbus to pick Alla up from the airport. As she was boarding her plane in Baltimore, the airline discovered a problem with the plane so they had to get off and wait for a new plane. She called me right away, but we were already on our way to the airport so I just kept coming. Since we had time to kill in Columbus, I headed to Once Upon A Child to do a little shopping. For those of you who don't know, Once Upon A Child is a great second-hand kids store with about anything you could ever want for your kids. We were looking for a raincoat for Micah and found one for $3.00.

As I was driving to the store, I saw a Cookie Cutters hair salon for kids. Micah needed his hair cut really bad. It was in his eyes and over his ears. I had been putting it off because I didn't want to loose his baby curls. Amelia had never had her hair cut before either, and it needed evened out. I pulled in to see if they could take us as walk-in appointments. They were really busy, but managed to squeeze us in.

I love places that are geared to kids. It makes being a mom so much easier. Amelia went first and I was able to put Micah in a play area that had a half wall so he could not get out, but I could still see him. Amelia got to watch Dora the Explorer while she had her hair cut and blow dried and got a sucker for being so good.

Micah was next. Here he is before his hair cut. He is definitely looking a little bit neglected.


We had to put him in a different seat so he could have a seat belt. I was worried because Micah does not sit still, but he was a perfect angel. He did try to push the stylist hands out of the way, but only because he could not see the TV.





I am glad I picked Cookie Cutters. The kids had fun and I was not stressed trying to corral one while the other was getting their hair cut.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They look great. Can't wait to see you all, hopefully soon.

March 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home