Saturday, August 22, 2009

Potty Training 101

The last couple of weeks have been very busy and stressful in the Gaiser home. We started offically potty training Amelia on the 9th. We finally had a week that we were not going to be out of town and I could focus on real potty training. We had tried pullups in the past, but she treated them just like a diaper. We instead went straight to underware. The first day she got two stickers for remembering by herself to go to the bathroom. By the fourth day, I thought we were home free. She only had one accident that day. Then came days 5 and 6 when I think she completely forgot everything. I think she only made it to the bathroom three times each day. I felt like I was doing something wrong. We pushed on though and in the last four days she has only had one accident and that is because she fell asleep in the car and I didn't have a diaper on her. It is very nice to only be changing one set of diapers a day not to mention the money we will save. Here is a picture of Amelia getting her first sticker for remembering to go to the potty all by herself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Thorson said...

YEY Amelia!! I swear potty training is the worst part of parenting. You deserves a serious badge after surviving it.

August 23, 2009 at 3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home